Since the “forbidden waste” policy was launched last year, polyester staple fiber and downstream industries have ushered in another boom cycle.
It is unknown whether the recycled polyester staple fiber can regain the lost market share last year, but polyester staple fiber enterprises have begun to actively respond.
The company's product structure adjustment begins, let's review the 10 important moments about recycled staple fiber from last year.
1. In July 2017, we first proposed that high-grade bottle flakes should be imported as general merchandise after being disposed of the property of solid waste and an industrial report should be submitted to the Ministry of Ecology and Environment, the General Administration of Customs, and the General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine. Plus, in September 2017, BVSE has provided us with relevant files on European recycling PET bottles flakes as ordinary commodities.
2. In October, December, 2017 and February,2018, we raised funds and resources from industry enterprises, organized scholars, lawyers, experts, and entrepreneurs in conducting industrial analysis and legal research together so as to vigorously promote the publicity of laws, policies as well as risks involving in the importing of high-grade recycled PET bottle flakes as general merchandise.
3. On October 26th, 2017, an academic seminar on the imported processed products of scrap plastics, which was attended by the Ministry of Ecology and Environment, the General Administration of Customs, the General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine and more than 10 PET companies. Conference minutes and industry opinions were submitted to the three ministries and commissions.
4. On March 23rd, 2018, a report entitled “Defining the attributes of high-grade PET films” was submitted.
5. On April 10th, 2018, 33 cabinets of recycled PET bottle flakes were checked by the Customs of Shekou City.
6. At the end of April 2018, the General Administration of Customs issued an emergency letter to the Ministry of Ecology and Environment requesting that “the attributes of high- grade PET films” be clearly defined.
7. On May 8th, 2018, the Ministry of Ecology and Environment replied to the letter from the General Administration of Customs, clarifying that “high-grade recycling PET bottle flakes could be imported as general merchandise”.
8. On May 13th, 2018, the Director of the General Administration of Customs signed on the letter from the Ministry of Ecology and Environment clarifying that the “high-grade recycled PET bottle flakes could be imported as general merchandise” and forwarded it to customs branches all over the country.
9. At the end of May 2018, some companies sent their samples to relevant testing centers for testing in reference to the “Textile Industry Standards of the People's Republic of China: recycling PET bottle flakes (FZ/T 51008-2014)”. The results showed that: No sample could meet the requirements of item 12 of the standard.
10. The technology solutions are still to be found